Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Sunday 14 February 2016

Meet Our New Man "SG Man"

Birth Name:  GIVEN SIYUNDA
Artist Name: SG Man
Date of Birth: 10th October
Genre: Hip-Hop, Dancehall & Rap
Label: 260Africa

BACKGROUND:

SG Man is a Zambian Musical Artist, Rapper and Song Writer who recently signed under 260 Africa™.

He was born on 10th October in lusaka
At a very tender age of about 6 to 9years he developed a lot of interest in music. Having been brought up in a happy home where music was mostly played i got inspired by one of Zambia big artist Danny Kaya. Am also fun of Dancehall music and mostly inspired by Jamaican artists such as, Bad signal, Alkaline and Tommy Lee Sparta and Africa wise its Malawian Raper Piksy and Nigerian Phyno.

In 2007, I moved to Chipata for school where I did my 8th grade and It was there that I got a chance to learn languages like Chewa and Ngoni.

Although I never dreamt of doing music as a career found myself getting involved in ghetto Freestyles and Rap battles. After discovering that people loved my style i decided to go do music which led me to
joining a music group (G-sniperz) in 2013 because of how HipHop took over the music scenes and did my first studio recording here.
 
In the same year went to Chizongwe Technical School where I meet my friend and current producer Eazy who loved my flow and by that time I would only rap in Bemba. As months went by I heard of a Malawian Chewa rapper (Pisky) and loved his flows in Vernacular which led me to start writing and rapping in Chewa. But since was mostly in school I rarely had time to be at the studio, so would just practice and learn other languages on my free times.

In 2015 just after completing School I learnt how to speak and rap in Tonga. Later that year relocated back to Lusaka and through Eazy was introduced to one of the Co-founders of 260Africa named Dyce JR' who loved my style of Music. He called me for a meeting and this led to me joining the 260 family and signed a record deal there.

Currently awaiting the release of my First Official single under the record label.

SG Man #Chikuza (Prod. Eazy)
Out soon.......
260 Africa Music ™

No comments:

Post a Comment